Listen to us:

By Fco. Jose, Pablo Y Carlos

Buckinham palace


Buckinham Palace is the residence of the British Royal family. Located in the city of Westminster, the palace is a setting for state occasions and royal hospitality, and a major tourist attraction.
The palace was originally built for the Duke of Buckinham in 1703 by
William Winde.


The palace became the official residence for the royal family in 1837 on the accession of Queen Victoria who was the first monarch to reside there .

The palace contains 77,000 square metres of floorspace and the principal rooms of the palace are contained on the piano nobile. The centre of this ornate suite of state rooms is the Music Room that is near to the Blue and the White Drawing rooms and in the center you can find the Picture gallery. This gallery contains arts pieces by Rembrandt, van Dyck, Rubens and Vermeer.

Other rooms leading from the Picture Gallery are the Throne Room, the
Green Drawing Room and the enormus Ballroom where in the past, ceremonyal
dances where celebrated.


The rest of the rooms are luxury decorated with the most precius treasures of the Royal Collection.
The palace is open to to the public in summer, when the royal family is upsent. It is a tradition in witch when the queen is in the palace the flag is always up.

At the rear of the palace, is the large and park-like garden which is the largest private garden in London, descreibed as a "walled oasis in the middle of the city". Adjacent to the palace is the Royal Mews, where the royal carriages, including the Gold State Coach, are housed.


The changing of the Guard

The Guard which mounts at Buckingham Palace is called The Queen’s Guard and is divided into two Detachments: the Buckingham Palace Detachment , and the St. James’s Palace Detachment. These guard duties are normally provided by a battalion of the Household Division and occasionally by other infantry battalions or other units.
The handover is accompanied by a Guards band. The music played ranges from traditional military marches to songs from films and musicals and even familiar pop songs.
When The Queen is in residence, there are four sentries at the front of the building. When she is away there are two.
The Queen's Guard usually consists of Foot Guards in their full-dress uniform of red tunics and bearskins. If they have operational commitments, other infantry units take part instead.
In 1689, the court moved to St James's Palace, which was guarded by the Foot Guards. When Queen Victoria moved into Buckingham Palace in 1837, the Queen's Guard remained at St James's Palace, with a detachment guarding Buckingham Palace, as it still does today except days with very wet weather.

The Temple Church


Located between Fleet Street and the River Thames,
This church was built by the knights templars in the XII century. The Church is in two parts: the Round and the Chancel. The Round Church was consecrated in 1185 by the patriarch of Jerusalem. It was designed to recall the holiest place in the Crusaders' world: the circular Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
According to the leyend, the Sant Grial stayed here for four days during the movement to other different place...
Among other purposes, the structure was originally used for Templar initiation ceremonies.The details of initiation at the time were a closely-guarded secret, though this secrecy later caused trouble as gossip and rumours spread about possible templar blasphemy.

What you can see into the church is a large corridor with chairs is each side. At the end of the corridor is located the ALTAR and in the other en is the most interesting part of the building,showed in The Da Vinci Code, Is the circular
area called the Round Nave where you can see 10 knight's effigies in memoryal of royal knights of the order.
Each effigie is different and nine of the are identified. Rounding this place there are lots of medieval decoration that shows strange images.
Recents restorations have tamed its air of antique mystery. Still, it's a
lovely Gothic-Romanesque church, whose chancel has been accused of perfection. The church is made entirely of beautiful cream-colored Caen stone.



The Chapel is famous because of his Chorus that consists of eighteen boy choristers and twelve professional choirmen and was founded after the Victorian restoration of the church in 1841 by Dr Edward John Hopkins. It is still considered to be one of the finest choirs in London, a reputation it quickly gained after its founding.
The building recieves lots of visits during the year, tourist go to visit it thinkink that meybe they could find the secret locked behind this walls...